Application Overview

How to apply

The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers is open to full-time primary and secondary educators in participating countries.

Participating Countries and Territories: Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Finland, Greece, India, Indonesia, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Uganda, United Kingdom (NOTE: Subject to change.)

**Ready to apply? ** Please contact your local U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission for information about how to apply, including specific application deadlines, as this varies by country or territory.

How we select participants

Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers are selected through an open competition. Applications are reviewed by U.S. Embassies and/or Fulbright Commissions in participating countries and nominated according to a number of evaluation criteria. Preference for applicants who have not participated in another Fulbright program and have not had significant previous professional experience abroad in the last five years (study, teaching, research, or employment). The Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board approves all final nominations.

In an effort to reflect the diversity of the United States and global society, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs programs, funding, and other activities encourage the involvement of U.S. and international participants from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, racial and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities. Opportunities are open to people regardless of their race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Bureau is committed to fairness, equity, and inclusion.

All applicants will receive notification of a selection decision by email, whether they have been selected or not.

Join a global community of educators and prepare your students for the world.

Program Resources

You can also learn more by visiting the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs website.


If you have any questions, please contact