When applications are received by IREX through the Online Application System, each application is screened for technical eligibility. After confirming that applicants meet the eligibility criteria, an independent committee of experts reviews the applications.
The independent committee reads and reviews applications, and makes nomination recommendations. The Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board approves all final nominations.
Applications are evaluated on overall quality, the applicant’s qualifications, the benefit of the program for both the applicant and the applicant’s school, and clear demonstration of educational leadership.
Other criteria include:
• Commitment to working in K–12 education after completing the program
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Professional and educational experience and leadership Interest in developing long-term linkages between U.S. and international institutions and schools
• Articulated ideas for applying program experience to improving education in the applicant’s home school and community upon completion of the program
• Effective communication and potential to be an ambassador of the program
All applicants will receive notification of a selection decision by email, whether they have been selected or not.
Access more than 350 resource guides created by Fulbright TGC alumni in the Global Education Guides Resource Library.
You can also learn more by visiting the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs website.
If you have any questions, please contact FulbrightTGC@irex.org.